Saturday, November 26, 2011

Don't you just hate the first blog post? No? . . . Dammit . . .

Wilkommen! As part of the rite of passage, every new blog has to have it's first post. Most of the time it's awkward to write, awkward to read, and just plain not very good - the writer of the blog not being very well versed in how to open up a blog without saying, "Um, well, yeah . . . welcome to my blog! This blah, blah, blah is what its all about." I am not the exception. I find first blog posts just as awkward as the next aspiring shmuck. So . . . welcome to the entirely-not-yet-amazing-but-will-be-soon blog According To An Army Wife. =)

A little bit about me. I'm female (I hope this is obvious) and an Army Wife. I've decided to start a blog, because well, dealing with being a military wife can be frustrating, and dealing with the Army in particular is even worse. Which is a nice way of saying that the Army can do some pretty stupid shit sometimes that fucks up our lives. To make matters even more interesting, my husband, I and our family have the awesome experience of being stationed overseas in Germany. While this is an amazing once in a lifetime experience we get to have at cost to the Army, it can also suck huge donkey dick. I wanted a personal forum where I could bitch anonymously about military life, about being overseas, and dealing with the Army, among other things, while sharing it with the world and without fearing reprisals from my family or friends who are tired of hearing my bitching. Hence - lightbulb! - I'll start a blog! Which sadly when I think about it, is about like 1/4 of the rest of the people on this planet.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with this blog. I've started my fair share of crash and burn blogs in my adult lifetime (3-5 I believe) that I started with the sincerest attempt to write on and make popular, but for some strange reason life kept poking its fucking head in, waving its nasty little finger and saying "uh uh, you've got other shit to take care of". Have you ever had that happen to you?

So here's to hoping that I can keep writing. Here's to hoping that I can provide everybody who reads this blog with a good laugh as I bitch about stupid shit the Army does. Here's to hoping this makes me a better writer. Hell, at this point here's to hoping that I can get somebody to read this blog . . .

UKCJR4C8FGHZ

No comments:

Post a Comment