Monday, November 28, 2011

Uggghhhh

I'm tired. Between the kids, the house, my husband, the pets, and actually spending some time on myself gaming it up on Skyrim, I think I've been averaging about 5 hours of sleep a night. NOT an optimum amount of sleep to go off of by any means, but I've been doing it. Why? Because I think that it's important that every parent take a little bit of time for themselves out of their busy lives. My grandfather used to tell me that when you become a mother, *ahem*, parent that your life is over, it's all about the kids. Which I loudly proclaim is bullshit. No matter how much you love your children you have to take some time for yourself, if only for you sanity. So ends my bitchy personal rant for the day.

On other news, I got most of my children's Christmas presents in the mail today, thank goodness. Not to sound like a total not-thankful-for-living-overseas bitch, but its a pain in the ass to not be able to go down to your local Walmart or ToyRUs or wherever it is you prefer to shop and pick up Christmas presents. Yes, its awesome living overseas. No, it is not awesome when you have to spend $170 on shipping through Amazon to ship each package as it becomes available just so they will make it here on time. I try to support the local economy here in Germany by buying on the economy as much as I can, but you just can't get things like Walkie Talkies and remote controlled cars here without driving 3+ hours to a big city like Berlin for such cool stuff. I love Germany, but sometimes I really miss the convenience of the states. Which ironically, is part of the reason we were so broke in the states.

However, on a good note, my husband came home from the shop at 5 pm today. Which is faaaar and away a major improvement from what time he normally gets home, that being between 6 -6:30. However, because his unit is organized fucking chaos incarnate, I know this will only last for the holiday season. Whatever. I'm pure happiness. Even if he did take the video games away from me when he came home =)

No comments:

Post a Comment