Saturday, November 26, 2011

I really should be sleeping right now, but . . .

Part of the reason I started this blog, is because the Army does a lot of stupid shit to military families. I was thinking back to all of the things I've had to deal with when it came to being a military wife since I was introduced to the Army in 2004, and it almost blows my mind. A good friend of mine says that she sees it as one of my biggest strengths, that I can take the stuff the Army throws at me and just roll with it. Like the time my husband was gone during a month long field problem in August, and we were supposed to go back to the states in September to get my oldest daughter from my ex. My husband calls and tells me that they're going to let him come home two weeks early, because they were sending him back out to the field for a month in September. So I was going to have to take my 3 year old and fly Space A to the states by myself to get my daughter. Needless to say I lost it for a little bit. But after about 20 minutes I sobered up, squared my shoulders and just said "Well, it sucks, but it's what I'm going to have to do." 

Luckily in a bid to keep me from going completely bat shit insane my loving husband got his command to let him go to the field in October instead of September, even though my birthday/our 3 yr anniversary was in October. Just so I wouldn't have to go Space A to the states by myself with a 3 yr old in tow without him. Except that his command wouldn't let him leave, even if he wasn't in the field. So the only reason he traded September for October ended up being so he could keep our 3 yr old while I went to the states on a expensive as fuck commercial flight.

See? That's the kind of shit a Army wife, any kind of military wife has to put up with on a daily basis. The military branch your husband works for getting their jollies off by fucking up your plans. It sucks. And so circling back to my original point, it almost blows my mind what I've put up with. What any military wife puts up with.

I'm proud to say that because of the things military wives put up with on a daily basis, Superman, Wolverine, or Spider-Man are NOT my heroes. 

Military wives are. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment